Playing for Laughs
There’s a kind of game that is designed not to be taken seriously. There are rules, but they often get changed as the game gets played. Generally, there are no winners or losers, and if they are, it doesn’t mean that anyone is better than anyone or anything that you could care about. If there are sides, they get changed. If you are on one side, you probably will be on the other, too. If there are props, they are often things like chairs, garbage cans, and socks. If you’re IT, there’s usually someone else IT to keep you company. If there is a leader, it’s never for long, and it could be anybody, or several anybodies.
These are the kind of games you play because they are fun, because they are funny, because they make you laugh. Here are some eaxmples:
Sample 2-3 hr session
- The Sound and the Fury – a warm-up game of almost mystical silliness
- Bernie Found Nirvana – a game that’s played until it’s impossible
- A What, and another What
- Chairs and Laps - a moving around game
- Elephant, Giraffe, Toaster – a game of quick and silly response
- Glass Cobra – get yourselves together together
- Bomb and Shield – a mad milling game
- Rock-Scissors-Paper Tag – which way to run and why
- Estray Bonajour – a singing ritual of shoe passage
- The Shoe Ritual – cargo cult cuteness
- J’Accuse - a game of murder by palm tickle
- Dum Dum Da Da – a singing silliness
- The Knee Games - a welcome addition to our collection of collective silliness
- People to People – twisted twister
- Prui – the game
- The Lap Game – a.k.a. lapsit
- Mutual Self-Congratulations - another hand game
A playful path is the shortest road to happiness.
Visit aplayfulpath.com. Free ebook!